Your Local Senior Placement Service. Call today! 541-954-2602

A Home to Fit You Logo: graphic of human with home under there arm.

Call today! 541-954-2602

Your Personal Senior Living Advisor

Serving Eugene, Springfield and outlying areas

Blog: Senior Living & Advocacy
Eugene - Springfield, Oregon

#
May 15, 2021, 10:12 AM
Looking to move a loved one into a senior care community? There are many misconceptions about what to look for and what to expect. It’s essential to understand how the senior care facility industry operates before you start your journey of finding one for your loved one.
#
Apr 4, 2021, 3:18 PM
Studies show that people with involved care partners, like family, have better outcomes. This is why I always advise my clients to get involved in their loved one’s care after they move into a senior care community
#
Mar 19, 2021, 1:21 PM
Hope for the best (aging at your home) and prepare for the worst (needing to move to move from home), is a good way to start the conversation about senior care communities. When I’m asked, “When is the best time to start looking for an assisted living facility?” I answer, “When you’re not under the…
#
Nov 26, 2020, 11:33 AM
Many of us dream about happy retirement days, and we save toward those retirement dreams. But some of us end up using that money to financially support our adult children or grandchildren. What if you needed this money to pay for a “dream” memory care facility, but you already gave it away to help…
#
Aug 9, 2020, 2:37 PM
When I met Jim, he was in his mid-80s and living in an independent retirement community. However, after two hospitalizations with pneumonia and his worsening chronic lung disease, it became clear to his son that his father needed more help than what he could receive from his current living…